Lithium metal battery
A lithium metal battery is a type of battery using a lithium metal or a lithium alloy as a negative electrode material and using a nonaqueous electrolyte solution. The earliest lithium battery used the following reaction: Li + MnO2 = LiMnO2, the reaction is a redox reaction, discharge.
Lithium Ion Battery
Cathode material: There are many optional cathode materials, and most of the current mainstream products use lithium iron phosphate. Different cathode material comparisons:
|LiCoO2||3.7 V||140 mAh/g|
|Li2Mn2O4||4.0 V||100 mAh/g|
|LiFePO4||3.3 V||100 mAh/g|
|Li2FePO4F||3.6 V||115 mAh/g|
Lithium iron phosphate
Positive electrode reaction: Lithium ions are embedded during discharge, and lithium ions are deintercalated during charging. When charging: LiFePO4 → Li1-xFePO4 + xLi+ + xe-discharge: Li1-xFePO4 + xLi+ + xe- → LiFePO4
Anode material: Graphite is mostly used. New research has found that titanate may be a better material. Negative electrode reaction: Lithium ion is deintercalated during discharge, and lithium ions are inserted during charging. When charging: xLi+ + xe- + 6C → LixC6 when discharging: LixC6 → xLi+ + xe- + 6C
The reaction that occurs on the positive electrode is
LiCoO2=Charge=Li1-xCoO2+XLi+ + Xe-
Li1-xCoO2+XLi+ + Xe-=discharge=LiCoO2
The reaction occurring on the negative electrode is
6C+XLi+ + Xe-= Charging = LixC6
LixC6=discharge=6C+XLi+ + Xe-
Related Industry Knowledge
- How to distinguish between alkaline and carbon ...
- The difference between alkaline and carbon batt...
- What is the structure and composition of a lith...
- What are the recycling methods and purposes of ...
- Classification of lithium batteries
- How to identify fake lithium batteries
- Use of various types of batteries
- What is a green battery?
- Why are alkaline batteries more durable?
- What is the difference between different types ...
- Is Li-ion the ideal battery
- Early development of lithium batteries
- Lithium batteries are usually divided into two ...
- Lithium battery development process