Most of the button batteries used are mercury-free batteries, so there is no need to worry about their environmental impact.
Domestic and foreign battery cell products sold in the market must be marked with mercury content (the method of labeling the mercury content of battery products, domestic environmental protection battery manufacturers are marked differently, there are "low mercury", "mercury free" or "mercury is 0", " Mercury is 0" and so on. When consumers buy batteries, they only need to look at the mercury content of the battery to know if it is an environmentally friendly battery.
Button battery recycling: In alkaline batteries, zinc oxide batteries, and zinc-air batteries using zinc electrodes, the zinc in the negative electrode and the components in the electrolyte can react chemically and thus be consumed by corrosion, which not only reduces the usability of the battery. The capacity, which may generate hydrogen gas, causes the internal pressure of the sealed battery to increase and expand. In order to suppress such an effect, a small amount of mercury is usually applied to the surface of the zinc, but this also causes mercury pollution to the environment caused by the discarded battery. Although mercury-free button batteries have been introduced, mercury-free button batteries are not popular enough due to technical or patent reasons.
The button battery is not within the scope of the mercury-free ban of general dry batteries, and still allows a small amount of mercury to exist. It must be adhered to in accordance with the instructions of the environmental protection unit.
Related Industry Knowledge
- How to distinguish between alkaline and carbon ...
- The difference between alkaline and carbon batt...
- What is the structure and composition of a lith...
- What are the recycling methods and purposes of ...
- Classification of lithium batteries
- How to identify fake lithium batteries
- Use of various types of batteries
- What is a green battery?
- Why are alkaline batteries more durable?
- What is the difference between different types ...
- Motherboard battery
- Motherboard battery power
- How to replace the computer motherboard battery
- Battery development history
- Material of solder tab for coin cells
- Battery principle
- Battery performance electromotive force
- Battery performance rated capacity
- Battery performance rated voltage
- lithium battery